How Does Feet First Clinic Treat Plantar Warts?
Plantar warts (warts on the bottom of the foot) are super common; they are also a super bother. Fortunately, the chiropodists at our clinic provide the following wart removal treatments (in order of invasiveness) for children and adults:
- Salicylic Acid: A chiropodist can prescribe a prescription strength topical salicylic acid solution.
- Cryotherapy: A freezing substance (usually liquid nitrogen) is applied to the wart.
- Canthacur/Canthacur PS: This is a topical treatment directly applied to the wart by the chiropodist. You can view our video demonstration of this treatment on Instagram.
- Needling: This is a surgical procedure where the chiropodist repeatedly punctures the wart with a sterilized needle in order to trigger an immune system response to fight off the wart-causing virus. It is performed on cluster warts, or if other more conservative treatments haven’t worked. For more information, see our Surgical Procedures page.
- Excision: This involves surgical removal of the wart. It is performed if other treatments do not fully eradicate the wart. For more information, see our Surgical Procedures page.
For more information about the above treatments, please see our plantar warts information page.
It may sometimes take multiple treatments to fully eradicate the plantar warts.
Most private insurers will cover plantar wart treatments. See the “Insurance & Coverage” section below for more information.
How Do I Get Treatment?
- Contact our office to book an appointment for wart removal: You can fill out our online booking form, or contact us at 416-769-3338.
- At your appointment, the chiropodist will diagnose and assess the wart, and then determine the best course of treatment.
- After your treatment, a follow-up appointment or treatment will be done: Warts are usually treated over the course of several treatments until it is fully eradicated.
We treat plantar warts at all stages in children and adults.
Wart treatment by a chiropodist is not covered by OHIP; however most private insurers will cover it. If you are unsure whether you have foot care benefits, our staff is happy to help you check your coverage.
To book an appointment for wart removal, you can fill out our online form or contact us at 416-769-3338.