What Is Shoe Stretching?
Feet First Clinic offers professional shoe stretching services for shoes that are too tight. Stretching your shoes can create extra room to:
- Accommodate bony protrusions or foot deformities such as bunions or hammertoes
- Reduce blister-causing friction
- Accommodate custom orthotics
- Accommodate the natural swelling of your feet that occurs throughout the day
- Help shoes fit if you are in-between sizes
Shoe stretching can be done by drop-in: no appointment required. We do however recommend calling ahead to ensure our shoe stretchers will be in the shop when you arrive.
We charge $15 for shoe stretching. Shoe stretching is complimentary for patients and with the purchase of any of our footwear products.
How Much Can My Shoes Be Stretched?
Shoe stretching is best suited to expanding shoes that are close to the right size, but just a bit too tight. Stretching your shoes can increase:
- Width: Increase of up to one size widthwise
- Length: Increase of up to 1” inch lengthwise
- Toebox: Increase of up to 1” in the height of the toe box
- Instep: Increase of up to 1/2” in the vamp and instep area
What Types Of Shoes Can Be Stretched?
Most footwear made out of leather, suede, and other natural materials such as canvas can be stretched including:
- Dress shoes
- Mary Janes
Footwear made from synthetic materials can sometimes be stretched; however they may not stretch as much as those made from natural materials.
Book an appointment for shoe stretching
You do not need a referral to become a patient at our foot clinic. Schedule an appointment by using the Appointment Request form below or contact the clinic at 416-769-FEET(3338).