If you’re one of the many people who is suffering from a Painful foot condition, you are likely interested in doing everything it takes to relieve symptoms. This includes the desire to research and purchase footwear accessories that come with countless foot health benefits, including compression stockings. While some folks may be doubtful that simply wearing magic socks will make any significant difference, we’re here to tell you that Compression gear really works! While we primarily recommend these socks to treat venous and vascular disorders, runners and athletes may also be interested in using compression stockings for performance enhancement. In this article, we will cover everything you need to know about compression stockings.
If you suffer from venous or vascular disorders and experience discomfort, numbness and swelling in your feet, we strongly suggest that you speak to your doctor about getting a prescription stating your diagnoses and mercury level (ie. 20-30 mmHg). Afterwards, you can stop by your local downtown Toronto foot clinic for a compression stocking fitting. Most health plans do in fact cover the cost of compression socks with an MD prescription, and the socks typically last six months if worn daily, so you have very little to lose by giving it a shot! In fact, if you suffer from any of the conditions listed below, compression socks could significantly change your life for the better.
Compression Stockings Are Known To Help With The Following Conditions:
- Tired, aching legs
- Edema and swollen ankles
- Varicose veins
- Spider Veins
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Air travel – long flights
- Diabetic foot pain/ulcers
- Prolonged sitting or standing
Compression Stockings: Making The Right Choice
Now, if you’re worried about wearing funny looking socks that will have your co-workers laughing at you, fear not. Once we’ve determined the fit that is best for you, you’ll have the opportunity to choose from several styles, including:
- Ultra sheer socks, which are favoured by women and are similar to regular sheer stockings. They come with the added benefit of increased blood flow.
- For those who like a bit of subtle flare, compression socks are also offered in an argyle pattern.
- For your everyday office sock, a straightforward dress sock design with no special detailing is available.
- Additionally, we offer active wear socks that you can wear while playing sports, such as soccer, in the park or at the gym! Thus, you get all the benefits of compression socks without needing to feel self-conscious, no matter what you’re up to.
If you’re all set up with compression stockings, but you’re still experiencing pain that prevents you from walking or jogging, you might also choose to explore The benefits of custom orthotics. Custom orthotics can work wonders for arch support. Furthermore, getting the region beneath your knees set up with the proper gear for alignment and health is very affordable, relative to other treatments. It also often addresses many issues through the body, since the feet absorb the impact of every step you take.
We Can Help!
Are you in need of some compression stockings? Don’t hesitate to ask our qualified foot specialists if they’re right for you! Whether you’re experiencing a mild or severe foot condition, you can rest easy knowing we’re able and happy to solve all your foot care needs.
Call us at 416-769-FEET (3338) or Book Your Assessment Today!