Winter is a picturesque season that should be appreciated by everyone. One of the best ways to enjoy this beautiful season is by going for a long hike in the woods or on a trail. Hiking is a great form of exercise and a fun way to get outdoors during the colder months of the year. However, if you’re planning on going for a hike, you need to know how to Keep your feet warm this winter. Not only will this keep you comfortable during your journey, but it will also minimize the chances of you getting frostbite or another cold-related issue. That’s why we have put together an article that focuses on proper footwear, such as socks and boots, and protecting your feet from the ice and snow. Continue reading to learn more about how you can protect your feet while hiking in the winter.
Wear Boots That Fit Well
Before going on a hike, you need to assess the quality of your footwear. Preferably, you have a pair of warm boots that you can wear. By wearing boots, you’ll be able to walk in deep snowdrifts without worrying about getting your feet wet.
- If you have High arches or a wide toe box, you should consider purchasing a pair of our Orthopaedic boots. These boots have a stretchable upper — this gives the boot the ability to hold its shape while contouring to your foot.
- Additionally, you need to make sure that your boots fit properly. If you want to make sure that your boots fit correctly, you should make use of Foot care services such as Shoe fittings and Shoe stretching. By using these services, you can be confident knowing that your orthopaedic boots fit well.
Wear The Right Pair Of Socks
Everybody knows that you should never go on a winter hiking trip without a warm pair of socks. However, if you have poor circulation or suffer from conditions like Peripheral neuropathy (nerve damage caused by diabetes), then you need to wear a pair of compression stockings. Compression stockings are high-quality garments that are made to stimulate the blood flow in your feet and lower body. These garments can help prevent pain in several ways. Some benefits include:
- Decrease swelling in your ankles and knees
- Minimize aching and overall discomfort
- Reduce leg and foot fatigue
If you don’t currently suffer from any of the issues mentioned above, you can still benefit from wearing compression stockings! They can help prevent issues like:
- Blood clots
- Varicose veins
- Complications due to venous disorders
We Can Help!
If you’re brave enough to go outside this winter, why not go for a hike with your friends or family members? Even if you’re in downtown Toronto, there are some lovely trails to check out! Whether you’re looking for the right boots, or the perfect pair of compression stockings, you can rest easy knowing we’re able and happy to keep your feet safe while hiking this winter!
Call us at 416-769-FEET (3338) or Book Your Assessment Today!