Your feet hold you up and keep you going through the busy days. And just like your face, hands, hair, and other body parts, they deserve care with the assistance of some fantastic foot care products. In other words, protecting your feet goes far beyond buying a great pair of shoes.
But where to start?
Looking after your feet is about being vigilant, preventing painful issues from arising, and searching for foot care products that help you achieve those goals.
Most importantly, everyone has different needs. You could simply try to boost your overall skincare routine, but sometimes it goes a step further. If you have a condition like athlete’s foot, you might have to narrow your shopping list to find products that help relieve symptoms like itching. Furthermore, foot care products go beyond creams and skin care, with sprays, powders, and accessories available for the foot health-conscious shopper.
Here is a general foot care products checklist (don’t worry — we’ll be talking specifics!):
- Foot Creams
- Foot Powders and Sprays
- Supportive Accessories
- Miscellaneous Products
If there’s one important tip we can give you, it’s don’t miss out on foot creams.
Issues like dry skin and rough, cracked heels are ever-so-present when Canadian winters roll around. Luckily, lathering your feet in silky smooth foot creams can help fight these common nuisances. Foot creams also provide a cooling and revitalizing effect, while simultaneously strengthening the skin’s natural barriers.
Try these foot creams:
- Gehwol Gerlachs Foot Cream: This foot cream targets excessive perspiration and foot odour. It’s also great for preventing infection, blisters, and general foot pain.
- Gehwol’s Lipidro Cream: For the shopper with sensitive skin, this cream targets the lack of lipids and natural moisture production in the feet. It also protects again excessive itching and fungal infections!
- Gehwol’s Med Salve for Cracked Skin: This cream is extremely versatile, helping with a wide array of foot and nail conditions, namely cracked, dry and hard skin.
- Dermal Therapy Heel Care: Smoothens thick, callused dry skin on the heels and feet. It’s also fragrance-free, and works to restore moisture.
Foot Powders and Sprays
You may think powders and feet don’t mesh, but you’d be mistaken. The same thing can be said for sprays! These are essentially foot deodorants that protect your feet from developing perspiration-related conditions.
Try these foot powders and sprays:
- Gehwol’s Foot and Shoe Deodorant: The Zinc Rizinoleate prevents and removes the sweat and odour on the feet and in the shoe. It also helps protect your feet in communal spaces that put your feet at risk of athlete’s foot and fungal infections, like showers, locker rooms and public pools.
- Gehwol’s Foot Powder: This product helps absorb excessive sweat, keeping your feet dry and soft to the touch.
On the prowl for affordable alternatives to custom orthotic fittings? Check out these cheaper, yet high-quality, options!
- Superfeet Green: Superfeet offers high-quality, easy-to-use inserts for your shoes. Green is one of their most popular colours, even coming highly recommended by the American Podiatric Medical Association. They offer orthotic support for people with high arches and other structurally painful conditions and can save you money if you don’t have insurance for custom orthotics.
- Superfeet Orange: Another popular offering from Superfeet, these insoles are great for high-impact activities and have a shock-absorbing foam pad at the forefront. If you’re on the hunt for products that accommodate your athleticism, you may want to check them out.
Miscellaneous Foot Care Products For Your Checklist:
- Foot bath products
- Medicinal foams
- Professional foot files
- Therapeutic massage balls
- Toe protection and padding products