Callus Care & Skin Treatment
Healthy skin is vital to keeping our feet healthy and problem-free: If the skin on our feet is supple and strong, our feet are less vulnerable to developing a variety of foot issues. And, if your feet are being properly tended to, should any such issue emerge, healthy feet will also heal faster and be less likely to get infected.
The chiropodists at our foot clinic provide foot care services for calluses, corns, blisters, cracked heels and any other conditions affecting the skin on your feet. We offer both preventative foot care and skin treatment, as well as treatment services. See the “Services” section below for more details.
Our callus and skincare treatments are very relaxing and pain-free: Most patients report feeling great afterwards.
Our chiropodists use medical-grade instruments and follow an intense sterilization process. Our chiropodists also thoroughly cleanse your feet with an alcohol solution at the beginning of every appointment.
In addition to being important for overall foot care and health, routine callus and skin care treatments are highly recommended for diabetic preventative foot care.
What Skin Services Do You Provide For Feet?
Regular Callus and Foot Skincare
This can be performed on a routine basis as part of your foot care regimen, and is a great way to prevent any foot-related issues. The chiropodist will start by properly cleaning your feet with an alcohol solution. The foot specialist will then safely remove the buildup of tissue and dead skin using chemical and/or mechanical therapies. During your treatment, the chiropodist will also examine your feet, address any complaints of pain and/or discomfort, and properly treat any skin abnormalities. The chiropodist can also tend to your toenails at the same time. For more information, check out our medical pedicure service.
Treatment Services for Skin Issues and Concerns
These services target any particular problems or concerns affecting the skin on your feet. They may also be performed during preventative foot care appointments and medical pedicures. Such services include:
- Callus and Corn Care and Removal: If you have a painful callus or corn, our chiropodist can examine your feet and safely shave down or remove the corn or callus with medical grade, sterilized tools. (Never try to cut or shave away your callus with a sharp object at home.) The chiropodist will also apply ointment and moisturizer to repair the skin.
- Cracked Heel Treatment: Our chiropodists can treat cracked heels by removing callused skin surrounding the skin cracks and repairing the skin’s elasticity.
- Wound Care: Our chiropodists can debride any wounds, cuts or fissures on your feet, and apply proper dressings to facilitate healing and manage or prevent infection.
- Tending to blisters: If a blister has popped, the chiropodist can safely drain the blister and apply an antibacterial ointment to prevent infection.
- Repairing dry or damaged skin on your feet
- Diabetic Foot Care: Regular foot care services from a medical health professional is highly recommended for diabetes patients. Since something as small as a cut or callus can cause serious complications in diabetic patients, having a foot specialist tend to the skin on your feet will help prevent infections and foot ulcers. This service allows the chiropodist to detect and treat any skin issues in their early stages. Click here for more information about our diabetes foot care services.
- Shoe inserts, footwear recommendations or custom orthotics: These may be recommended for recurrent painful calluses, corns, blisters or cracked heels in order to reduce friction when you move, or offload pressure on specific parts of the foot.
Please note: All appointments at Feet First Clinic begin by cleansing your feet with an alcohol-based solution. This kills any bacteria, prevents infection, and provides a clean base for your treatment.
In addition to the foot care services provided by our chiropodists, our foot clinic sells a variety of pads and cushions specially designed to treat and prevent corns, calluses and foot blisters. We also sell an array of skin care products for your feet to help you with your at-home foot care regimen. The chiropodists and knowledgeable staff at our foot clinic can recommend and help you find the best products to suit your specific needs.
What Conditions Do Your Foot Care Services Treat?
Our skin care services for your feet treat and address the effects of the following conditions:
How Can I Get My Feet Treated At Feet First Clinic?
You can book an appointment to treat the skin on your feet by using our online booking form, or contacting our office 416-769-3338 – no referral required. When booking your appointment, let our staff know if there is a particular issue you would like addressed, or if you are booking services on a preventative basis.
At your appointment, the chiropodist will carefully examine your feet, tend to any problems or issues and provide the appropriate care and treatment for your feet. The chiropodists will also make recommendations for follow up and at-home foot care.
Most chiropodist services are covered by private extended health benefits. If you’re unsure about your benefits and coverage, check with your employer’s HR department or your insurance policy provider. The Feet First Clinic can also get a policy breakdown on your behalf.
Over-the-counter non-prescription foot products are NOT covered by most benefit plans.
Book an appointment for callus care & skin treatment
You do not need a referral to become a patient at our foot clinic. Schedule an appointment by using the Appointment Request form below or contact the clinic at 416-769-FEET(3338).