What Are Corns?
What Are The Symptoms Of Corns?
Symptoms of a foot corn include:
- A round, discoloured build up of hard skin surrounded by inflamed skin on the top of the toes or on the outer edge of the pinky toe
- A build up of soft skin between toes
- Can be painful when pressed against shoes, adjacent toes and the ground
How Do I Treat Corns?
Corns can be removed during an appointment with one of our foot specialists or chiropodists who will safely remove the build-up of tissue and assess whether orthopedic shoes or custom orthotics may be indicated to prevent their recurrence.
To schedule best foot care treatment with our licensed Chiropodists (foot specialists), use the booking form below or call 416-769-FEET(3338).
Our Toronto foot clinic is open Monday-Friday 10am-7pm, Saturdays 10am-4pm. You do not need a referral to become a patient at our Foot clinic.
What Causes Corns?
Certain risk factors may increase your chances of developing corns:
- Wearing shoes that are too tight
- Wearing shoes that are too short
- Wearing shoes without socks
- Biomechanical problems when walking
- Bony deformities or prominences in the feet
- Systemic diseases that can cause increased build-up of hard skin
How Do I Prevent Corns?
The best way to prevent corns is to exercise proper foot care solutions which can be explained thoroughly with a foot specialist or Chiropodist. Properly fitted and custom orthotics and also accomplish significant difference in preventing corns.
Book an appointment for corns
You do not need a referral to become a patient at our foot clinic. Schedule an appointment by using the Appointment Request form below or contact the clinic at 416-769-FEET(3338).